Bridal Affairs

Angel of Hearts Weddings offers unique and comprehensive assistance to the discerning bride in planning her wedding, with a full range of services tailored to her needs. Making magic is my passion.

Angel of Hearts Weddings--Watching Over Your Big Day!

Here is a place to share all things wedding! Please share your ideas with me.


Thursday, May 14, 2009

REEL CINEMA

In my daily travels through the many wedding web sites I follow, I came across a vendor forum that really gave me pause to comment. Many emails and posts later on Bridal Tweet, I have come to know a most fabulous and unique cinematographer! Off to an unusual start, Naomi and I have become cyber friends and my hope is that someone reading this will book Naomi and I together so that I can meet her in person! You will be mesmerised by these images, as I was. But, no one can tell you better about Naomi and Generations Cinema Stories. So, in her own words:

"The studio was created by Jack (my husband and partner) and me on May 17 2004. Jack was always into media - as a DJ, soundtrack producer/designer and videographer for corporate and special events. I was first, a teacher of Creative Writing and literature at the college and hs levels (alternative high schools), before co-authoring a program on stress management and then starting my own personal growth consulting business working with couples and individuals. During that time, I became a licensed non-denominational minister so I could write and perform original wedding ceremonies - which I still do from time to time. Jack and I were honored to be asked to film the first same sex wedding in Boston (Rob and Dave on our site ) and once I had gotten behind the camera at that event, I was hooked on creating wedding films that framed the couple in the historical, emotional and reflective elements of their day. We are mentors to Emerson College and BU film students who intern in our studio, film events with us, and are our junior editors. Every wedding film team has a director, and typically church or temple weddings have a crew of 3-4 - enabling us to be embedded, everywhere at once, but on tripod, in black cocktail attire, and as far as most people have observed, practically invisible. We never use on -camera lights, (they destroy shadows in images) and shine directly in guest's faces; we almost always attend rehearsals to form relationships with the wedding party and to determine ideal camera placement and lighting needs in advance. I love to start the documentary with the engagement (yes, we have been hired to film a few of those as a surprise to the bride!) move on to dress shopping, planning meetings, etc. We often film whole weekends and make 2 DVD sets. I'm most interested in what happens between the expected moments - the intimate gestures and comments that arise spontaneously on a wedding day."

Now, for the best part of this post- the video!

Lindsey and Nate- Old North Church and The State Room--Boston, Mass.



Becca and Henry- Becca's Family Homes in Marblehead Neck



The wedding of amazing, wonderful top planner/designer Chad Michael Peters and Kevin. Ceremony at a friend's home; reception at the Bay Club in Mattapoisett, MA. The Mexican decor is because Kevin was a Spanish teacher, and the couple chose to marry on Cinqo de Mayo.



Thank you to Naomi for her generous spirit and her kindness in letting me share these three weddings with you! PLEASE! It is worth the trip to Generations to see more weddings!! You will want to call Naomi right away for your wedding cinema!

No comments: