Bridal Affairs

Angel of Hearts Weddings offers unique and comprehensive assistance to the discerning bride in planning her wedding, with a full range of services tailored to her needs. Making magic is my passion.

Angel of Hearts Weddings--Watching Over Your Big Day!

Here is a place to share all things wedding! Please share your ideas with me.


Saturday, October 12, 2019

STRAIGHT TALK

Free motivational printable quote
Usually, my posts are full of pretty pictures and great advice.  But, today, I just want to talk to you.  First, I chose this little quote because it says all you need to know about me.  I have a very kind heart, a fierce and creative mind that is always thinking, and, probably, the bravest spirit you will ever find.  What more could any bride want in a planner?!

For 16+ years I have given my heart to this business.  Every bride has been like my own daughter getting married.  I have done things that I won't even share here, to ensure that I didn't miss a meeting, forget a cherished photo, tell a bride NO or not pick up the phone late at night for a meltdown.  I have been there for whatever needed to be done, whoever needed my attention and wherever I needed to be.  I am not perfect.   Certain things are beyond my control and you can't please everyone.   But, I can honestly say that in all this time, 99% of my brides have been glad they hired me.  I LOVE this business.  I LOVE my clients.  

Lets face it, there are hundreds of planners out there. So, why would you choose me?  There are more public planners, there are planners that pay to get referred, there are planners that do more advertising, have more glamorous websites.  But, how many of them have that FIERCE MIND?  When I check my analytics on here and on my Pinterest boards- I am always amazed at how many hits I get on my inspirations, my vision boards, my expert advice.  My biggest percentage of engagement doesn't come from my own city, but from New York and Chicago and Washington D.C.  I have done weddings in all of those cities.  But, the numbers are far greater than those weddings I have done. When I get reaction from my Instagram page, its from people like Katie Couric and Lori Allen (SYTTD Atlanta)and photographers from all over.  I have a fierce mind!  I have a keen eye and a true artistic vision.  I see all kinds of weddings, I get inspired from a blob of paint, a peacock feather, a night sky or a classic love story.  And, I can see your vision- all you need to do is show me a photo, a color, tell me a story.  

My HEART is so kind it gets me into trouble.  I have taken on those clients in that 1%.  I have done my job and planned their weddings.  And, kicked myself afterwards.  I have been the mom that the bride doesn't have, saved more that one wedding from absolute disaster, listened to couples from different cultures try and navigate family differences, fought for more than one gown to be fixed to the bride's specifications, gone straight to the designer to get bridesmaids dresses remade because they were ordered wrong and came in late.  I have been there for every bride I have helped- for whatever they need.  Heck, I have even slashed my fees for a truly needy bride who needed the help.  I have set up weddings for DIY brides so they didn't have to set them up themselves- even when I wasn't the planner, only the venue supervisor.  I don't say NO.  That doesn't mean I am looking to give myself away.  This is my business and I have bills to pay too.  But, I care about people.  I care about you!

BRAVE SPIRIT!  No one is more brave than I!   Brave to stand strong in a business that is changing.  Brave to keep going even when, personally, life was very hard.  Brave to be sitting here writing to all of you, opening up to you like friends.  Because, we are friends.  If you have come her to read this, you are my friend.  And, likewise, I will be yours.  Bravery is about not being afraid of the unknown.  And, each wedding I do is unknown when YOU say yes to me.  I am brave and I am capable and I am so excited to help you plan the biggest and best day of your life.  

I chose angels for my logo because that is what I want to be to you.  Angels watch over us.  Angels keep us safe.  Angels are sweet, kind and good.  I want to be your wedding angel.  Because I have a kind heart, a fierce mind and a brave spirit.  And, because every bride needs to have someone totally in their corner while planning a wedding.   I am the Angel of Hearts!  
Tell me what I can do for you

Do what you love....EVERYDAY! #happysunday



No comments: