Bridal Affairs

Angel of Hearts Weddings offers unique and comprehensive assistance to the discerning bride in planning her wedding, with a full range of services tailored to her needs. Making magic is my passion.

Angel of Hearts Weddings--Watching Over Your Big Day!

Here is a place to share all things wedding! Please share your ideas with me.


Wednesday, May 21, 2008

PHI AND NHI: ONE COUNTRY, TWO WORLDS


I have a wonderful new bride that I must tell you
about! The minute I heard her voice on the phone, I liked her. When I met her a few days later... I was hooked!! Phi and Nhi are Vietnamese- Phi from the South and Nhi from the North. Their story is as interesting as their wedding and I am so excited to be a part of it. Their families are steeped in their culture and the couple wants to blend an American wedding with their Vietnamese backgrounds- without hurting anyone's feelings. After Phi told me about her day and all the obstacles, twists and turns, she was convinced I wouldn't want the job- BOY! Was she wrong. The traditions and ceremonies of the Asian culture are very poignant and SO intricate. From the decor to the food to the ceremony itself, there is meaning to it all. We start the day with an intimate Buddhist ceremony for a small group at Phi's parents. Then on to the Catholic ceremony in Nhi's parish church. Finally, to an Asian restaurant for a wedding banquet- all 12 courses and 500 people. Stay tuned this fall for more about this lovely couple and photos of the wedding in October! I AM SO EXCITED!! LOVE YOU ALREADY, PHI!
photo: from Phi's wedding web site

2 comments:

Pheebeekins said...

This is so sweet of you. I was so worried about hiring a coordinator but after watching 10 episodes of Bridezilla, I don't know how anyone COULD NOT!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you Saturday! Now, if I could just find the "right" Vietnamese translation for "wedding coordinator" to explain what this means to the parents... ;)

Bridal Affairs said...

See why I love this girl?! Trying to have an elegant American wedding with the traditions that are so important to the families is so hard! But, Phi does it with a smile. As for the comment about a coordinator- I hope all of you brides out there listen! Stay tuned, as I will continue to chronicle the saga of Phi's wedding! It's going to be great!