Bridal Affairs

Angel of Hearts Weddings offers unique and comprehensive assistance to the discerning bride in planning her wedding, with a full range of services tailored to her needs. Making magic is my passion.

Angel of Hearts Weddings--Watching Over Your Big Day!

Here is a place to share all things wedding! Please share your ideas with me.


Saturday, September 14, 2019

I AM FOR THE BRIDE

YOU ARE- a busy professional with a successful career and a busy life.  You work hard, play hard AND you are planning your wedding.  

I AM- a seasoned professional planner with 20+ years of experience in my business.  Read some of my back story and what some of my brides had to say here.  And, this article that was written about me here.  I have changed the name of my company since then, but the essence of who I am and what I do is the same.  There are so many planners out there, so how do you know which to choose and IF to hire a planner at all?  The short answer is, EVERY bride needs a planner.  From the smallest home, DIY wedding to the biggest ballroom wedding, every bride needs that one person to be behind the scenes.  This is why I AM that person.

As you can see here, I am at the bride's side at all times.  From the start of planning to the end of your wedding day, I will be your mentor, your best friend, the referee, your advocate and a shoulder to cry on for those pre-wedding meltdowns.  I know the food and the order of service.  And, I work with most of the top caterers around.  I have constructed, altered and handled 100's of dresses in my career- both in bridal and in my business. Shopping for your dress and dealing with your fittings is part of my job.   I can, if needed, make a bouquet or a centerpiece- and I know all of the best florists in any price range.  Ideas are always spinning around in my head, so if you are stuck, we can brainstorm.  
Navigating the bridal party, the weather, the children and all the moving parts of the day is what I do.  And, I don't start on your wedding day or even the month before.  I am part of your team from the beginning.  The more I know about you and your vision, the better I know your vendors and the venue, the more information I have before the wedding, the better I am able to see to it that it all comes together flawlessly.  There is no room for error- but, if something happens, you will never know it did.  That is my job.  The focus is on you.  I don't work for the venue or the caterer or the florist- I WORK FOR YOU!!  

Learning to wrap a sari, the Hindu wedding ceremony, where to find Hawaiian dancers, recreating a wedding at the last minute, destination weddings- there is nothing I won't do for you.  I don't limit your access to me.  I don't leave the party before its over.  I don't send my assistant to do your wedding after I worked with you for a year.  There really is no one else like me.  You can pay less, you can pay more, you can find someone with a fancy website or a lot of silly awards from wedding websites.  But, what you can't find is someone who is 100% in your corner and on deck for whatever happens.  If you don't believe me, just listen to my brides.  As David Tutera's production supervisor said to me after I did her wedding ( no, David did not do it, she hired me!)-" It was everything I dreamed and more.  David Tutera has nothing on you!"
More kind words from some of my past brides and vendors I love:

"Wendy's background is not just writing a time line, going to a few meetings and checking contracts. I think brides loose sight as to who is a real planner and who just became a planner because they planned their own wedding and took an online course. Wendy knows bridal fit and fashion, she worked in a bridal salon for years, she worked in event production, then in catering, all the while gaining a lifetime of experience. She knows all that happens behind the scenes because she has worked there. This gives her TRUE insight as a planner. Something you don't get from a certificate. She knows what to expect of a vendor and which are the correct vendors for you. So your day is - perfect. The one thing I love about Wendy is she gives so much of herself to each event. To Wendy it's not just a job, it's a true love affair with her work. Bride's can feel at ease knowing Wendy is on the job."

"Work with Wendy and work with someone who cares. She really understands your wedding and every single detail you care about. Wendy is able to spend all of her time and energy getting to know you, and your fiance, making your day sentimental, and meaningful. You couldn't choose a kinder planner."

"There are so many components and moving parts that go into making a great event. You need someone to help you put those parts together and guide you through what can be a stressful time. Most importantly you need an advocate that knows your vision and can see it thru. Let Wendy's Affairs of the Heart be your guide!"

"I'm convinced that Wendy is living proof that there are ANGELS living among us; the determination, stress, and work that Wendy will take on to ensure her brides have peace of mind & enjoy their evening free of worry.... well, let's just say that I truly feel that the value of Wendy's service is absolutely priceless, she resolved some errors with our caterer's quotes that saved us almost $2,000! Wendy is a NINJA... A friend mentioned my bustle had come undone & as soon as I looked behind me, Wendy was already there! She made it look easy, snapped it into place & disappeared again!
She's so wonderful there just aren't enough words! Her profile says: "You will NOT find a better value or a more experienced or dedicated planner!" and I can verify both of those statements are absolutely true!
OH!!!!!! AND even if you think you don't need her, here's something you may not have thought of... Wendy not only set everything up, but also made sure everything was packed up and got it to wherever it needed to be at the end of the night. Even if you think you can plan the whole event yourself... just hire Wendy for the rehearsal & day of.. it's completely worth it & you will thank me!!!!!!!
My mother and I insisted on hiring her for my little brother's wedding (BEFORE HE GOT ENGAGED!!!!!!)"


This woman is a pro. I manage events and live theater for a living. I found Wendy from a website that promised me an hour long free phone conversation with a wedding planner if I filled out a form online. I filled out the questionnaire and then Wendy called me. She was great. She gave me ideas and listened to me for the hour. I thought that was all I would get, but Wendy decided that she was going to continue to help me. So she offered her help for me for the actual day of my wedding . We agreed on a price, and this amazing woman DROVE to Chicago. Who does that? She wanted to make sure she had a car with her, since I didn't have a car. Smart lady. Rental cars are stupidly expensive in Chicago - and I couldn't afford that.
This amazing woman came to my rescue in CHICAGO. She lives in PA. We made arrangements for her to come all the way here the day 2 days before my wedding. She sat in my living room fighting with my venue for my right to have time to decorate the venue prior to the wedding. (They scheduled an event prior to my ceremony because they didn't have the right schedule on their books). My husband-to-be lost his parents, and my mom is gone as well. Wendy stepped in as my mom. And she made sure that I didn't get stressed when things weren't happening as I had planned. She couldn't stop these problems, she was trying to help and fix them. I couldn't have gotten through this wedding without her. Since she was in PA, I set up all the vendors on my own. But this woman....she took all of this with stride. She managed my day - practically blind - since she didnt set it all up. She was my day of coordinator, my best friend, my mom and my "You [vendor] will do this because I said so" go to person. My wedding was way better because I found her from a random Google search. Thank goodness.
Wendy is a pro. Wedding planning isn't easy. It is about personalities. She does her best to fight for the bride! She is a winner to me. Period.







No comments: